Adult classes: Tae Kwon Do
Taught in a fun, safe environment, our classes push students physically, while teaching the tenets of Tae Kwon Do. With everything from basic to advanced techniques, this class offers a broad understanding of Tae Kwon Do and an opportunity to exercise and be involved with other members of the community.
Many people come in contact with martial arts first as children, and it can be hard for them to shake the feeling that martial arts is just for kids. Nothing could be further from the truth, however, and as an adult, there are plenty of benefits that you can gain from stepping on the mat and taking a kick at Tae Kwon Do.
Here are just some of the proven benefits Tae Kwon Do has to offer:
- Better sleep
- Better concentration
- Improved emotional health
- Improved heart health
- Improved self image
- Stronger immune system
- Greater strength and flexibility
- Healthier weight
Here are five reasons why martial arts is one of the best fitness programs for adults:
- Better self confidence: This reason tops the list. Due to the goal setting, positive encouragement and respect for values that are part of all martial arts programs, the greatest benefit usually reported by martial arts students is greater self confidence. You become more comfortable in all situations – whether you’re in danger or simply doing a task that takes you beyond your comfort zone — and you’ll discover you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.
- Total body workout: Martial arts is a high-aerobic workout that uses every muscle group in the body. Your stamina, muscle tone, flexibility, balance and strength will all improve through martial arts.
- Stress relief: In martial arts you get to kick, punch and scream, which is a great stress release no matter what your age. In addition, the ancient practices of martial arts have a calming affect that melts the stress away.
- Reach and maintain your healthy weight: Due to the total-body nature of a martial arts workout, tons of calories are burned during every class. However, you’ll also find that your natural eating signals become better regulated so food cravings will disappear and you’ll eat less as a result.
- Learn self-defense skills: Unlike any other form of exercise, with martial arts you learn potentially life-saving self-defense skills at the same time you are getting in shape.
September 2018: Classes are held Tuesdays from 7:15-8:15 PM and Thursdays from 7:30-8:30 PM